200g cauliflower, roughly chopped
25g almond meal
One large free range egg, beaten
Half a tsp dried oregano
15g basil pesto (choose a basil pesto that is olive oil based with minimal ingredients)
60g pumpkin, cut into 1cm thick slices
Salt, pepper and optional chilli flakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, gas mark six. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Place pumpkin slices into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
3. While the pumpkin is baking, place the cauliflower into a food processor and process until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Decant into a bowl and cook in the microwave for five minutes, until softened (or steam).
5. Tip into a clean tea cloth and leave to cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, scrunch up the tea cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible (this is so your base doesn’t go soggy).
6. Transfer the cauliflower back to the bowl and mix in the ground almonds, egg and oregano. Season well.
7. Tip the cauliflower mixture onto the other prepared baking sheet and using your hands, press into a 10-15cm circle for each serve, with a slightly higher rim around the outside.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
9. When the cauliflower base is cooked, remove from the oven and spread it over pesto and top with pumpkin slices.
10. Bake for another five to six minutes then serve topped with fresh rocket and chilli flakes, cut into wedges.