Is Caviar Keto friendly? People following the keto diet worldwide want to know this answer. Caviar has various surprising health benefits. However, this post will let you know if you can incorporate it into your keto diet.
Caviar also known as Caviare is salt-cured roe of the Acipenseridae family.
What is Caviar?
Traditionally, the term caviar refers only to roe from wild sturgeon in the Caspian Sea and Black Sea. Depending on the country, the term caviar may also be used to describe the roe of other species of sturgeon or other fish such as salmon, steelhead, trout, lumpfish, whitefish, or carp.
People in various cultures use it as a garnish or a spread. You can serve it with crackers and toast.
This lavish seafood is rich in minerals and vitamins. Therefore, it has several health benefits associated with skin, heart, and mental health.
Nutritional information of Caviar
Caviar is rich in various nutrients such as fatty acids, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, and sodium. The serving of 100g of Caviar gives you 18g of total fat, 588 mg of cholesterol, 1500mg of Sodium, and 4gm of net carbohydrates. Besides, you also get 25g of protein and 264 calories.
1 ounce, 28gm of Caviar gives you a net carb of 1g.
Can You Eat Caviar On Keto
Is caviar Keto friendly? The answer is yes. As Caviar has 1gm of net carbs per 28g, you can consume it while on a ketogenic diet. It does not have dietary fiber and article sugars.
In addition to this, Caviar contains healthy fats that make it suitable keto food. Nevertheless, be mindful of its serving size. After all, it has a certain amount of sodium. Calculate your carb limit and add it to your diet accordingly.
Where to Get Our Favorite Keto Friendly Caviar?
Several brands provide caviar on Amazon. To save your time, we have put together three popular options below.
- TASTE : Bester’s Premium Ossetra Caviar has exquisitely rich creamy and nutty taste. It’s perfect smooth taste & firm texture allows caviar to burst in your mouth by spreading rich nutty & creamy flavor. Caviar is harvested in traditional method by cutting fish, raw eggs only, non-pasteurized. Firm large to medium pearls may vary in color from dark to light grey or amber color have distinct pop that spreads mouthwatering rich nutty flavor.
- SIZE : Medium to large size pearls, on average 2.8 – 3.2 millimeters. Perfect on its own or with blinis & creme fraiche. It’s almost impossible to stop after first taste. Our Sturgeon lives in a virgin nature in a crystal clear water and eats all organic fodder to ensure the finest quality of its roe. We source only the finest quality caviar from top producers around the world.
- INGREDIENTS : Salt Content: 3% “Bester” Caviar is full of nutritional value & a great source of vitamins, microelements, including omega 3, other nutrients – vitamins A, E, B6, Iron (which help to promote strong bones, teeth & healthy immune system), Magnesium & Selenium. Our caviar has No antibiotics, No hormonal additives, Not pasteurized & Not milked, No artificial flavoring or color added.
- DELIVERY : We Ship Overnight to all states in the USA via Air in Thermo-secure boxes on frozen gel packs, good for 48 hours transit time with Fedex Priority Overnight 1 Day Shipping. NEXT DAY DELIVERY on orders placed before 1 pm EST (Monday through Friday). Orders received on Friday after 1 pm EST till Sunday are shipped on Monday. Orders placed on National holidays are shipped Next working day.
- Packed in Tin or Glass Jars, “Bester” Caviar has a shelf life of 3-4 Months under 28-36 F. This Smooth & Finest Caviar from Bester Caviar comes with FREE Blinis and mother of pearl spoon.